Mad Men

Mad Men.By far the best hour of television all week. Should have pulled my finger out and written about it earlier. People who admire visual accuracy will love this show. Very stylish and smooth. Not the reason I watch, but an admitted cherry on top. Oh, but of course visual pleasures are another thing entirely. The rather exquisite January Jones sizzles the screen.


The dialogue is first rate.

(paraphrased) -

"You are here to keep his private life seperate from his family life."
"That's my job?"
"Yes, darling. These men believe they have a right to a private life, and that's why we love them."

"So why aren't you married?"
"I haven't fallen in love yet."
"You mean love - a bolt of lightning from the sky that changes your life forever? That's something that guys like me invented to sell nylons."

"As long as men keep looking at me that way, i kind of feel like I'm earning my keep."

I have been so caught up in watching the characters interact, that I totally missed the back stories. I honestly didn't think they were important compared to the real action. Mad men caters to both - plot development & character development. You can watch the show for just one of these elements and ignore the other, at your choosing. Mad Men.Truly great TV drama.

Glass Onion says 9


3 comments:

Tai said...

If I could afford suits like those guys wear, I'd wear a suit. A show with style and substance.

StarGazer said...

Season 1 was riveting.... Season 2 not quite there... High hopes for Season 3!!

Ghufran said...

she is not beautiful just a blond wid blue eyes

Post a Comment

Onion TV